Yes, the sun is shining today – and it looks like MySestina has nominated me for the Sunshine Award 🙂 Thank you!
It does remind me of those chain letters that where around when I was in high school (yes, written on paper, can anyone still remember them or am I really getting terribly old?)… but it certainly is one of the nice ones. (Not of those that went: if you do not send this on, some terrible accident will happen to you… I always threw does away, and later, when things like that came via email, I deleted them without finishing to read. I do not like being threatened, thank you.)
Anyway, it says that you are supposed to answer some questions from the blogger who nominated you and then in turn nominate some bloggers and think up questions for them to answer.
The “criteria” (which sounds a bit formal) for nominating someone is that the person inspires you and brings sunshine into your live. Ok, here we go, my inspiring sunshine-bringers:
DebWasHere – e.g. On Stars and Bright Lights – for telling great stories full of depth and fun and sometimes sadness.
Filosofa’s Word – e.g. What Have We Become? – for sometimes making me laugh, but always think.
A Holistic Journey – e.g. Lessons From the Dying Brain – for being scientific as well as poetic and really sharp.
Writing for Myself – e.g. growth – for sharing her deep thoughts, for honesty (and beautiful pictures too).
Of course there are more blogs that I could list here… but I guess the whole thing is about choosing some of them, right?
Here are the question I was supposed to answer (plus the answers):
- Are you a Hero? – Seriously doubt it. Probably more Miss Caution. But, you never know, depending on the situation, I might choose to become one... 😉
- How does writing help? – Writing provides a way out for all those words in my head. Otherwise it gets too crowded and the words get grumpy. Can’t have grumpy words in your head, can you?
- How far could you go to be heard, to be recognised? – Not very far, I think. I don’t like to be the centre of attention.
- Do you think we are alone in the universe? – Looks like there are a lot of other people around anyway, right? No, seriously, it would seem arrogant to think we are the only ones. But they probably do not want to have anything to do with us.
- What is an achievement? – To get one step further than you already were. To widen your horizon. To choose.
- Do you read as much you write? – More.
- What inspires you? – Different lives, new thoughts.
- Do you follow to lead or you lead to follow? – I try to find my own path. Anyone who wants to follow is welcome.
- What could you possibly give to the world? – Two great kids, plus my feeble little efforts to be helpful and friendly to anyone around me.
- Do you let your failures drive you? – I hope not, but they do tend to linger in my mind.
- What’s the one thing that you would you change about this world? – Have everyone feel respect towards everyone else and act accordingly (ok, that is already two… but still)
Now comes the fun part… I am allowed to think of some questions myself… (I guess that is really the reason for those awards: that you can fire your questions into the world!)
- Where do you get your best ideas?
- What is the most annoying thing that can (and will) happen while you are writing?
- How do you handle 2. ?
- If you look at your list of priorities, at which number does writing come?
- Are you happy with that number?
- What situation would justify to sacrifice your computer with all your writings on it?
- If you could choose a belated birthday present now – anything! – what would that be?
- If you could “beam” one person to your side at this moment, who would that be?
- If you could choose one person in the world that would be “beamed” to an inhabited island, who would that be?
- If you could recommend one book, which one would that be?
- Do you like the person you are now?
Looking forward to the answers you guys come up with! 🙂
Ok, the sun is still shining, it is late in the morning here in Europe, and I choose to go out and mow my grass now! 🙂
Have a lovely sunny day, in spite of all the things that are on the news – which I deliberately have not read yet. That will come later. Now I will enjoy the spring day.